ONTARIO LOTTERY AND GAMING CORPORATION
MEGADICE LOTTO FREE PLAY Contest with LOTTO MAX
March 11, 2013 to March 25, 2013
(or until all MEGADICE LOTTO Coupons have been awarded – whichever occurs first)
OFFICIAL RULES & REGULATIONS
This contest (the "Contest") is sponsored by the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation ("OLG"). OLG is referred to in these Official Rules & Regulations ("Official Rules") as the "Contest Sponsor". The Contest is managed by SplashDot, Inc., referred to in these Official Rules as the "Contest Manager", acting on behalf of the Contest Sponsor for the purposes of this Contest. The Contest is being administered and fulfilled by The Marco Corporation, referred to in these Official Rules as the "Contest Administrator", acting on behalf of the Contest Sponsor for the purposes of this Contest.
The Contest entry period commences March 11, 2013 and is scheduled to end at 11:59:59 pm on March 25, 2013 or once all 400,000 MEGADICE LOTTO FREE PLAY COUPONS (OLG Coupon #40-9135) have been awarded in accordance with these Official Rules, whichever comes first (the "Contest Entry Period"). For the purposes of these Official Rules and Regulations all references to times and dates reflect Eastern Time ("ET").
By entering this Contest, entrants accept and agree to be legally bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Contest Sponsor (and where the Contest Sponsor so designates, the Contest Manager and/or Contest Administrator, as the case may be) which are final, binding (without right of appeal) and conclusive on all matters related to this Contest.
- 1.1 The Contest is only open to those who are:
- a. residents of Ontario; and
- b. eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry;
- 1.2 Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Contest is not open to:
- a. the officers, directors and employees of:
- The Contest Sponsor, including full-time, part-time and student employees of OLG; persons who are directly on OLG's payroll; and OLG employees who are on paid or unpaid leave;
- OLG's advertising, promotion and contest management agencies (including, without limitation, SplashDot Inc., and The Marco Corporation);
- OLG's authorized retailers; and
- The Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario.
- b. OLG's authorized retailers;
- c. individual consultants or public sector employees retained by OLG through contracts of retainer, for periods of service of 30 days or more in the aggregate.
- a. the officers, directors and employees of:
- 2.1 There are three (3) Grand Prizes available to be won.
- 2.2 The odds of winning a Grand Prize depend on the total number of entries received in accordance with these Official Rules (up to a maximum of 400,000 entries), during the Contest Entry Period.
- 2.3 An eligible participant can win only 1 (one) Grand Prize.
- 3.1 Only online entries are eligible for the Contest. You can enter only during the Contest Entry Period (defined above).
- 3.2 To enter the Contest, visit OLG.ca and select the MEGADICE LOTTO FREE PLAY Offer link or go directly to the Contest website at https://megadicefreeplay.ca. Simply follow the on-screen instructions on the Contest website and fully complete the registration form by submitting (in the space provided): (i) your contact information (including your name, address, email address and phone number); and (ii) the 22 digit ticket code from a valid LOTTO MAX ticket purchased in Ontario during the Contest Entry Period or a valid no purchase necessary ticket code (See Rule 4.2). Next, complete all steps as instructed on the Contest website to complete your entry.
- 3.3 Limit one (1) entry per person (regardless of the number of LOTTO MAX tickets you purchase or no purchase necessary ticket codes you obtain). Any entrant who has registered more than once and/or who has attempted to obtain more than one (1) entry may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsor, Contest Manager or Contest Administrator and all of their entries may be nullified. Use (or any attempted use) of multiple names, identities, email addresses and/or any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in or disrupt this Contest will result in the entrant and all of his/her entries being disqualified.
- 4.1 After you have registered and completed your entry in accordance with Rule 3.3, follow the on-screen instructions to submit your request to receive the MEGADICE LOTTO FREE PLAY offer, which will (subject to compliance with these Official Rules) entitle you to automatically be awarded one (1) MEGADICE LOTTO FREE PLAY coupon. Limit one (1) coupon per person. THERE ARE A MAXIMUM OF 400,000 MEGADICE LOTTO FREE PLAY COUPONS AVAILABLE TO BE AWARDED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHILE SUPPLIES LAST. ANY UNAWARDED REMAINING MEGADICE LOTTO FREE PLAY COUPONS REMAINING AT THE END OF THE CONTEST ENTRY PERIOD WILL NOT BE AWARDED.
- 4.2 No Purchase Necessary. To receive one (1) no purchase necessary ticket code required to enter the Contest without the need to purchase a valid LOTTO MAX ticket, go to https://megadicefreeplay.ca and complete the following steps: (1) click on the link "No Ticket" link on the home page; (2) write down the no purchase necessary ticket code (exactly as it appears on the webpage); and (3) return to https://megadicefreeplay.ca and follow the on-screen instructions in Rule 3.2 to complete your entry. Limit of one (1) entry per person. If you have already entered a LOTTO MAX ticket you are not eligible to enter a no purchase necessary ticket code. Code sharing is not permitted.
- 4.3 All entries become the property of the Contest Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged. No correspondence will be entered into except with the selected eligible entrant(s) (or any other individuals as determined by Contest Sponsor in its sole discretion).
- 5.1 There are three (3) Grand Prizes available to be won by eligible Contest entrants from among all eligible entries submitted and received during the Contest Entry Period.
- 5.2 All eligible entries submitted and received during the Contest Entry Period will be submitted into the Grand Prize draw to be held on or around March 25, 2013 at approximately [time] in [city], Ontario. Three (3) eligible winners of a Grand Prize will be selected by random draw from among all eligible entries submitted and received during the Contest Entry Period. Ten (10) back-up eligible entries will be randomly drawn thereafter, to be used, in the order they were drawn, in the event that any of the primary winning entries or one or more back-up entries do not qualify as per the Contest eligibility requirements stipulated in these Official Rules.
- 5.3 Each eligible entrant selected as a Grand Prize winner will receive a cheque prize of $2,000 CAD. Without limiting the generality of the forgoing, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to administer an alternate test of skill as it deems appropriate based on the circumstances and/or to comply with applicable law.
- 5.4 Maximum: One (1) Grand Prize per person.
- 6.1 Attempts will be made to contact each potential winner of a Grand Prize, at the telephone number and/or email address provided with his/her registration information, for ten (10) business days following the date of the draw. A maximum of four (4) telephone calls will be made at different times between 9:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. Eastern Time. Each potential winner must return any message left by the Contest Administrator within the timeframe stipulated in the message to remain eligible to receive a Grand Prize. Grand Prize claiming details will be provided at the time of contact.
- 6.2 If, within ten (10) business days of the first attempt to contact a potential winner, he/she has not been contacted or confirmed for the respective Grand Prize or is otherwise ineligible to receive a Grand Prize, his/her entry will be disqualified and he/she will not win the respective Grand Prize and the back-up entries will be contacted (in the order in which the back-up entries were drawn, in the event that one or more back-up entries are disqualified), and the process will continue until such time as a winner of the applicable Grand Prize is declared in accordance with these Official Rules or until there are no remaining back up entries to select from (whichever occurs first).
- 6.3 If no winner is declared for any Grand Prize, that Grand Prize will not be awarded.
- 7.1 Any personal information collected by the OLG, the Contest Manager and/or Contest Administrator, including but not limited to entrants' contact information, is collected pursuant to the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation Act, 1999 and is intended to be used for the following principle purposes: to conduct and administer the Contest by OLG, the Contest Manager or Contest Administrator, including, but not limited to contacting entrants, validating eligibility and the awarding of the prize(s); marketing and advertising purposes including providing you with information or services you have opted in to receive, understanding your interests, responding to your concerns and improving service delivery; for OLG's internal business purposes and to comply with legal requirements. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, photo, name, and residence (town or city only) of prize winners may be posted, published, or announced on the Contest website, the OLG website and/or other media for up to 12 months after a selected entrant is confirmed as a winner. For more information please read the Official Rules or contact the OLG Support Centre at 1-800-387-0098.
- 8.1 Each Grand Prize must be accepted as awarded. No prize substitutions, assignment or transfers of prizes permitted, except at the Contest Sponsor's sole discretion. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded.
- 8.2 Grand Prize Winner(s) acknowledge that the Contest Sponsor, Contest Manager and Contest Administrator and all involved advertising and promotional agencies, including other suppliers providing prizes or other materials or services in connection with this Contest, anyone else involved in the development or execution of this Contest, each of their respective employees, parent companies, affiliates and subsidiaries, franchisees, authorized retailers, agents, contractors, representatives, advertising, promotion and contest management agencies and any independent judging organization and each of their respective shareholders, directors, officers, successors and assigns (the "Releasees") have not been made, nor are in any manner responsible, for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to, its quality, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Further, no responsibilities are accepted for any additional expenses, omissions, delays, re-routing, or acts of any government or authority.
- 8.3 Each eligible entrant selected as a Grand Prize Winner in advance of him or her receiving his or her respective Grand Prize, will be required to sign a standard declaration and release confirming contest eligibility, compliance with the Official Rules and releasing the Releasees from any liability, claims, damages and/or responsibility in connection with the conduct of the Contest or the awarding or use of the Grand Prize. Each eligible entrant selected as a Grand Prize winner agrees to the use of his/her name, address, voice, statement, image, photograph and/or other likeness for publicity purposes for all media usage (including, but not limited to, usage on the internet) without notice or compensation.
- 9.1 The Contest Sponsor, the Contest Manager and Contest Administrator reserves the right to terminate, modify or withdraw this Contest, in whole or in part (including altering the manner in which the Grand Prizes are distributed and/or modifying these Official Rules), at any time, without prior notice for any reason and to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, violates these Official Rules, or acts in a disruptive manner. Without limiting the foregoing, the Contest Sponsor, Contest Manager or Contest Administrator may lock out an entrant who, in the Contest Sponsor's, Contest Manager's or Contest Administrator's sole judgment, has been disqualified, has questionable eligibility or is otherwise ineligible to enter or is attempting to abuse or obtain by fraudulent means a MEGADICE LOTTO FREE PLAY coupon.
- 9.2 Any person who attempts to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest or to alter or damage the Contest website may be subject to civil and/or criminal penalties and fines; and the Contest Sponsor, Contest Manager and Contest Administrator reserve the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- 9.3 The Releasees assume no responsibility for: entries lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected (all of which are void), or for the failure, interruption or delay of any email or other communication to be received, for any reason; any computer viruses, time bombs, logic bombs and any other implanted devices of a like or similar nature that may arise or occur in connection with the contest, problems with the function of any website or website feature howsoever caused; the malfunction of, or damage caused to, any telephone network or lines, computer equipment, data or software, online systems, servers or access providers, any functionality lost due to not having cookies enabled; traffic congestion on the Internet; the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks; or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer "hackers"; or any combination thereof, as a result of participation in this contest.
- 10. Entries that have been obtained or made through fraudulent means are subject to disqualification. The Contest Sponsor, Contest Manager and Contest Administrator will not be responsible for entries that are lost, misdirected or delayed for any reason whatsoever (all of which are void).
- 11. It is expressly understood and agreed by all entrants that the Releasees do not accept responsibility, in whole or in part, for loss, damage or injury, howsoever caused in connection with any prize or the conduct of the Contest.
- 12. All decisions of the Contest Sponsor (and where the Contest Sponsor so designates, the Contest Manager and/or Contest Administrator, as the case may be) with respect to this Contest are final and binding without right of appeal.
- 13. If the identity of an entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The individual assigned to the email address for the domain associated with the submitted email address is considered the authorized account holder. An entrant may be required to provide proof (in a form and substance satisfactory to the Contest Sponsor) that he or she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the entry in question and otherwise is required to meet all eligibility requirements.
- 14. Name and residence (town or city and municipality only) of prize winners may be posted, published, or announced on the OLG website, and/or other media for up to twelve (12) months after the selected entrant is confirmed as the winner.
- 15. In the event of any conflict with any Contest details contained in these Official Rules and Contest details contained in any form of promotional material or media (Contest Materials), these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
- 16. Draw dates and times are subject to change without notice.
- 17. All eligible entries selected as a Grand Prize winner for the MEGADICE LOTTO FREE PLAY Contest will be destroyed on or after March 25, 2016 and all other entries for the MEGADICE LOTTO FREE PLAY Contest will be destroyed on or after March 25, 2014.
- 18. This Contest is subject to the domestic laws of the Province of Ontario and the Federal laws of Canada as applicable.
- 19. The Releasees are not responsible for commencing, continuing or completing this Contest or awarding any prizes, including any MEGADICE LOTTO FREE PLAY coupons in the event of circumstances beyond the Contest Sponsor's, Contest Manager's or Contest Administrator's control and the Contest Sponsor may at its sole discretion, change or alter this Contest as it deems necessary. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Contest Sponsor, in it's sole discretion, reserves the right to delay the timing of any draw to satisfy Contest integrity issues resulting from uncontrollable circumstances, and this includes the right to similarly alter the Contest Entry Period to submit entries or receive a MEGADICE LOTTO FREE PLAY coupon.
- 20. These Official Rules govern this Contest and must be followed, and by agreeing to participate in the Contest, all entrants agree to comply with, and be bound by these Official Rules.
2. PRIZES AND ODDS OF WINNING:
3. HOW TO REGISTER:
4. HOW TO ENTER
5. GRAND PRIZE AND GRAND PRIZE DRAW:
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION FOR THE GRAND PRIZE:
7. PERSONAL DATA:
8. TERMS OF ACCEPTANCE:
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:
Cette information est aussi disponible en français en composant le 1-800-387-0098.